Friday, June 02, 2006

Watch and listen 3

Okay, just listen to this song, without watching the video. The video sucks and will make you hate the track and want to poke your eyes out. Honest ! Well, unless you're into that whole nature, hippy, old man smell, 60's/70's kinda thing. Well, maybe it's not that bad of a video, but I loved the song before seeing this video (which was today) and I had imagined it differently - much much better of course.

Update: I'm actually starting to 'get' the video, and kind of liking it. GD, I am always so quick to judge !

Anyway, Soul Meets Body from Death Cab For Cutie is definitely going into the "Billy the Bootlegger Official Soundtrack" playlist - that's how much I love it.

I can't really explain why I like this song so much [or any other song for that matter], but it just does something to me. My taste in music is very eclectic, but my favorite tracks always have this melancholic quality about them. My keywords for Sould Meets Body: desolation, melancholy, heartache, nostalgia but on the other hand also ultimate happiness, enlightenment and hope.

Please listen to the entire song [trust me] and let me know what you think.

And yes, my life has a soundtrack. And it is - awesome [the soundtrack - not my life].



Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body

I want to live where soul meets body
And let the sun wrap its arms around me
And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing
And feel, feel what it's like to be new

Cuz in my head there's a Greyhound station
Where I send my thoughts to far off destinations
So they may have a chance of finding a place
Where they're far more suited than here.

Pa-da-pa-da-pa-pa
Pa-da-pa-pa-pa-da-pa-pa
Pa-da-pa-pa-pa-da-pa-pa-da-pa-da-pa

I cannot guess what we'll discover
When we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels
But I know our filthy hands can wash one another's
And not one speck will remain.

I do believe it's true
That there are roads left in both of our shoes
But if the silence takes you
Then I hope it takes me too
So brown eyes I'll hold you near
Cuz you're the only song I want to hear
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere

Where soul meets body
Where soul meets body
Where soul meets body

And I do believe it's true
That there are roads left in both of our shoes
But if the silence takes you
Then I hope it takes me too
So brown eyes I'll hold you near
Cuz you're the only song I want to hear

A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First time I played the track, I thought "tissue time".
But after a few plays, well……I love it !!