Saturday, April 15, 2006

You dumb fuck

"What is the name of the author of the book Catcher in the Rye ?"

"Uhm..."

[... bla bla ...]

"That, was the wrong answer. Buh-bye."

- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire [€2000 question].

Duh, the autor of Catcher in the Rye is J.D. Salinger, who does not know that ? Seriously, everyone has read that book at least once. And the dumb-ass was an ooold man. All the old people know Catcher in the Rye. Geez, I guess they really do adapt the difficulty-level of the questions to the mental retardation [no offence] of contestants, but they probably didn't think he was actually that stupid.

And when you ask for a 50/50 help line, you do not, I repeat, do not tell the presenter which answers you think are clearly wrong. You know they'll just leave the two answers you were unsure about.

And the host seriously needs to learn to fucking speaking English. Ira Leeeeavin ? IRA LEVIN ASSHOLE ! How did you get to be [one of] the best-payed TV host[s] in the Netherlands ?

I could so totally do his job. Well, unless it involves spelling...or talking slowly...or being nice.

***

And since I'm on the subject of my smartness [it's a word], I flunked three mid terms, one of which was a retake. I'll be taking the same damn Public Finance class all over again next year. GD !

I'm currently following 5 courses over the next ten weeks. One of which...I'm taking for the second time. I failed Economics for Idiots last year. The upside is, I'm the smartest one in my group now. But I'm not continually raising my hand and being all intelligent and shit. Because people like that - are annoying. I just sigh and roll my eyes when somebody gives the wrong answer. They deserve it and it is totally adorable.

***

Some wisdom from SCAA:

"Life is not the life you've lived, it's the life you remember and how you remember it to tell it" - Live to tell - Gabriel García Márquez

I don't think I really get the last part, but when you read it really fast, it really makes sense.

No comments: